Plus1 is our dollar-for-dollar matched fundraising program, designed to boost the fundraising efforts of small to medium not-for-profit arts organisations.
Plus1 supports not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations to develop and run more effective fundraising campaigns, boost their fundraising skills and secure new backers.
If you’re a Plus1 recipient, you’ll run a fundraising campaign designed by you, for a specified period, to raise money for a project of your choice. Whatever you raise within that period, we’ll match it up to $25,000 or $50,000, depending on the size of your organisation.
It’s called ‘Plus1’, but there are a number of benefits for arts organisations.
Organisations can use Plus1 to attract new donors, build valuable relationships and networks for new and diverse revenue sources, and boost their fundraising skills.
In addition, many supporters and investors see matched funding as a means of extending their contribution—a matched fundraising campaign can be a powerful incentive in securing first-time investment from previously untapped donors or philanthropists.
About the program
Plus1 can be used to:
- Attract and leverage investment from the private sector.
- Build stronger and broader networks with supporters.
- Develop fundraising skills to find new donors and build supportive partnerships.
Matched funding of up to $50,000 per organisation is available and is divided into two streams:
- Applicants with an annual turnover in the previous financial year of up to $500,000 are eligible to request up to $25,000 in matched funding (Stream A) and;
- Applicants with an annual turnover in the previous financial year from $500,000 up to and including $5 million are eligible to request up to $50,000 in matched funding (Stream B).