Sisters of Charity Foundation Community Grants Program [DGR Status Required]
The Sisters of Charity Foundation provides charity grants of up to $15,000 to eligible applicants. They deliver practical, real world support to smaller “grass-roots” organisations that can’t find help from more traditional sources. Once accepted as an eligible applicant, they work closely with you and your organisation to understand exactly what is needed, so they can ensure you receive the best quality outcomes.
Do you need help to fight poverty, loneliness, suffering or oppression? If you don’t qualify for assistance through other existing channels, this Program may be able to help.
- The organisation’s mission and operations, and the proposed program, are consistent with the application guidelines of the Sisters of Charity Foundation, and must make a huge difference for those in need.
- The applicant is able to demonstrate the knowledge and the expertise necessary to implement the program as well as the skills necessary for the sustainable management of the program and the responsible stewardship of resources.
- The applicant organisation has the support of its Board, or in the case of an individual, the proposer’s supporting authority.
- The organisation is not-for-profit and has Income Tax Exempt Charity (ITEC) status or Deductable Gift Recipient (DGR) Item 1 status.
The Sisters of Charity Foundation favours programs that:
- restore hope and build dignity
- fall between the cracks of other funding sources
- are not associated with well established organisations with significant reserves and or are not capable of raising their own funds
- are not eligible for funding from government or other sources.
Applications close: 31 March 2019.