Enhancing Gambling Harm Screening and Referral
Our Project Aim
To improve the way people affected by gambling harm receive support in primary health care and community services in Fairfield via improving GP and community workers:
• knowledge of gambling harm,
• confidence in screening and responding to gambling harm, and
• screening and referral behaviour.
How? By developing and evaluating a model for gambling harm screening and referral, and training which will be implemented in General Practices and community services in Fairfield.
Call for Action
We have received ethics approval and are currently in the process of co-designing a culturally sensitive gambling harm screening and referral model.
Gambling harm is a huge issue in Fairfield. GPs, health professionals and community workers are ideally positioned to screen for gambling harm and we need your help to produce a model that is for community, by community.
What Can You Do to Help?
• Take our co-design survey via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GamblingPP
• Participate in a 30-minute interview to provide your feedback, or
• Come to a local co-design workshop 9-2pm Thursday 14th November (Fairfield) or 9-2pm Friday 15th November (Liverpool)
Please RSVP by 3pm, 6th November.
For more information or to RSVP, please email: Courtney Whittaker, Project Manager (Gambling) at firstname.lastname@example.org OR Linh Nguyen, Research & Evaluation Officer (Gambling) at email@example.com