The icare foundation has $4 million to seed and scale initiatives that improve quality of life for seriously injured people and their families. They are looking for ideas that will positively impact people living with spinal cord injury; traumatic brain injury; or other significant and complex psychological needs related to workplace or motor accident injuries.
Specifically, they are looking for initiatives that do this in at least one of the following ways:
- provide practical and/or emotional support for carers and families to better support the seriously injured person
- enrich life and provide a renewed sense of value and purpose for people living with serious injury
- assist people (and their families) to adapt to life post-injury
- help people to manage chronic pain effectively
- foster social connection and inclusiveness.
They are looking for organisations from socially focussed start-ups to established businesses and social service organisations, who have an innovation (big or small) to bring to the table.
Applications close: 15 February 2019. More Information