Board of Directors Positions – Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative (MDSI)
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative Ltd. (MDSI) is a not-for-profit charity based in Campbelltown, NSW that offers practical help and support services to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. MDSI seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system, MDSI’s programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
MDSI is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for potential Board members to fill three vacant positions on the MDSI Board and/or on Board Committees, including a Finance and Audit Committee and Marketing Committee. These positions would be filled on a voluntary basis for up to a three year term.
Directors would be expected to actively participate in bi-monthly Board meetings, an annual Strategy Workshop, as well as contributing to a Committee or additional work within the scope of the role of the Board and suiting the Board member’s expertise.
The MDSI Board provides governance and strategic direction for the operation of the organisation on behalf of members under the requirements and provisions of the Corporations Act (2001) and the Company’s Constitution.
The Board has particular focus on legal compliance; policy and planning; financial oversight; and CEO management. MDSI is currently seeking a greater emphasis on candidates with skills and experience in at least one of the following areas - financial management; commercial acumen and business development in the current vacant positions.
Board members are expected to possess:
- An understanding of the role as well as the legal, ethical and financial responsibilities of the Board;
- The ability to review the strategy through constructive questioning and suggestions and contribute to the effective decision making of the Board;
- The ability to read and comprehend accounts, financial material presented to the Board, financial reporting requirements and some understanding of corporate finance;
- Experience in managing areas of major risk to the organisation;
- Broad knowledge of Federal and State legislative requirements and how this relates to a not for profit business.
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to replicate this on its Board.
Prior to appointment, mandatory Police checks are required to be undertaken.
For further information about the Board or the organisation please contact Claudia Perry-Beltrame, MDSI President on 0439457240 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org