NCOSS and NSW Legislative Council Workshop on Parliamentary Inquiries
How to have your say and maximise your influence
- Do you work for a non-government organisation and want to know more about parliamentary Inquiries, so that you can take part and influence policy?
- Do you want to build your skills in writing submissions or in appearing as a witness?
This free workshop is aimed at those who are working in Policy or management in the community sector, and whose work potentially involves taking part in parliamentary Inquiries.
The workshop is most useful for people with limited or no experience in writing submissions or taking part in hearings. Those who wish to boost their knowledge and skills are also welcome to attend. Facilitation will be by parliamentary committee staff and a representative from NCOSS.
The emphasis will be on practical tips for effective participation, including:
- What Inquiries can achieve
- How Inquiries are initiated
- The steps of an Inquiry
- Maximizing the impact of a submission
- Giving effective evidence at a hearing
Just a few more spots available.