NCOSS Sector Development 2019
In partnership with the “Better Questions” team, NCOSS (NSW Council of Social Service) is pleased to offer this excellent learning opportunity.
Tuesday, 29 October 2019
9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Suite 401, Level 4/52-58 William St. Woolloomooloo
Too often, managers spend too much time telling others what to do. Unknowingly, this prevents our teams from being as resourceful, as engaged and as self-motivated as they could be.
This experiential workshop will equip leaders with a simple but highly-effective communications tool. It is part of the well-regarded
"Better Questions" suite of resources; which includes seven books,
a workshop series and learning toolkits.
Your facilitator will offer various tools for learning ('mini-lessons', case studies, activity workbook), and you as participants will dig in and practice the learning.
During the session, you should be able to:
1) Understand the impact of “Asking vs Telling”.
2) Recognise unconscious patterns of response, and be aware that there are other ways to be ‘helpful’, to lead and to motivate.
3) Be able to listen to understand, then to be understood.
4) Know the ‘Better Questions’ model and its use in a solution focused-approach.
5) Be able to use a questioning approach that creates more understanding, self-awareness, empathy, engagement, responsibility and accountability with others.
6) Have practical experience in the application of the skills learned.
Who should attend?
CEOs, managers, supervisors, team leaders, mentors and interested stakeholders.
Just a couple of feedback from past sessions…
"I found this workshop helpful in supporting the team and also being able to enable them to take some ownership within the program. We intend to review this approach within our team to support staff in their assessments of clients in our program. I highly recommend this workshop to both management and clinicians.”
- Ellen Wilson| Manager HARP/PAC/Community
Health Programs & Diabetes Service, Bendigo Health
"The workshop provided my Community Support Workers/ Volunteers with the knowledge of how to better engage with their client to get the most out of them, to discuss more effectively their needs and wants and to increase their autonomy and independence. More importantly, it taught them the effectiveness of listening and using the silence to let the clients answer their own questions."
- Kris Henderson, Service Coordination Team Leader
Macedon Ranges Shire Council Community Support
Your facilitator, Tina Dolphin
All trainers in the “Better Questions” team have had years of experience in facilitating the course, and have witnessed first-hand the transformational impact of a simple yet extremely effective communication tool. This has instilled in them a passion to work with all attendees on their techniques, for participants to take a new life-changing skill back to their workplaces and homes.
Tina has been facilitating 'Better Questions' workshops for community health, aged care, disability and other non-profit service sectors for years.
On top of being a qualified trainer and assessor, she is a professionally-trained performance coach who has been coaching, training and mentoring for over 17 years across a diverse range of industries, including: healthcare, advertising, recruitment, pharmaceutical, government, travel and retail in Australia and the UK.
Tina combines a range of coaching methodologies, NLP and questioning techniques, to help individuals identify key areas of development, and establish strategies for success.
This session is being offered to NCOSS participants at a special price. To optimise the learning environment, places are strictly limited.
Please register as soon as practicable to secure your place. Simply click on the "Register Now" button above.
The registration fee covers learning materials, morning tea, light lunch and afternoon tea.
- NCOSS member –$270/person + GST
- Non-NCOSS member - $300/person + GST
Please indicate if you have any special needs (e.g. disability access or dietary requirements) when you register.
Important note/ Cancellation Policy:
- This session requires a minimum number of participants to push through. In the unlikely event of session cancellation, you will receive 2 weeks' notice + full refund.
- After 4 October or event confirmation, registration fees are non-refundable but transferable.
Questions? Happy to help. Here's how to reach us.
For general queries about NCOSS' work, please ring (02) 9211 2599, or email email@example.com
NCOSS is working with you for a New South Wales that is free from poverty and inequality. We are located at Level 3/52-58 William St. Wooloomooloo NSW. Open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays.