The Delicate Balance: Duty of Care, Dignity of Risk, and Professional Boundaries
The growing emphasis on consumer choice and control within consumer directed care and wellness and reablement practice has introduced some new challenges for service providers. This workshop explains and outlines duty of care and dignity of risk concepts and explores how they impact on community care settings and professional boundaries with particular emphasis on mental capacity, enabling approaches and consumer directed care. It is designed for managers, coordinators, and direct support staff.
* What is meant by duty of care, dignity of risk and capacity and how these concepts influence professional practice?
* How these concepts influence person centred, consumer directed, wellness and reablement practice;
* Risk identification and management;
* Strategies to support substitute decision making;
* What are professional boundaries and the warning that they may be breached?
Registrations are essential. Go to https://delicate-balance.eventbrite.com.au